The purpose of the Home and School Association is to support the mission and goals of St. Mary of the Assumption School. This is accomplished by fostering open communications between the home and school and by providing opportunities for community building through the coordination of fundraising events and activities. The HSA also oversees the Hours Program and Playground Duty Program. The Home and School Association meets monthly. By-Laws of the organization are provided to all members. All families are encouraged to support the efforts of the HSA.HSA-by-laws
- President – Carlos Pla
- Vice president – Rosemarie Anderson
- Treasurer – Laurie Woltman
- Hours Recorder – Sue Ervin
- Corresponding Secretary – Ida Ward
- Recording Secretary – Nicole Werbeck
- Sergeant-at-Arms – Bonnie-Love Douglas
- Sergeant-at-Arms – Christine Eckert
Like St Mary’s HSA on Facebook, and get important reminders on Twitter (@StMaryHSA).
- Minutes – September 15, 2016 (Draft)
- Minutes – May 11, 2016 (Approved)
- Minutes – April 13, 2016 (Approved)
- Minutes – March 9, 2016 (Approved)
- Minutes – January 13, 2016 (Approved)
- Minutes – November 18, 2015 (Approved)
- Minutes – October 14, 2015 (Approved)
- Minutes – September 9, 2015 (Approved)
- Minutes – May 13, 2015 (Approved)
- Minutes – March 11, 2015 (Approved)
- Minutes – February 11, 2015 (Approved)
- Minutes – January 14, 2015 (Approved)
- Minutes – November 12, 2014 (Approved)
- Minutes – October 9, 2014 (Approved)
- Minutes – September 10, 2014 (Approved)
- Minutes – May 14, 2014 (Approved)
Service Hours Program (SHP)
The Service Hours Program (SHP) provides opportunities for parents to work together and share their talents in order to build a strong community spirit at St. Mary of the Assumption School. The purpose of the service hours program is to encourage participation of all families in the school community. All families are required to fulfill and serve for a minimum of 20 hours during the school year. Service hours are administered by the HSA and may be satisfied in a variety of ways. The HSA will be provided a list of creditable service hours by the St. Mary’s School Advisory Board which qualifies for completing service hour’s requirements. This list is posted/updated regularly on the School website.
Families not fulfilling their service hour’s program for 20 hours by May 31st will be charged $20 per hour not worked. Hours worked after May 31st will or may elect to be credited towards the next school year. Families may opt to pay $300 to satisfy their service hour’s program. This fee is subject to change based on recommendations from the School Advisory Board.
Creditable Service Hours, determined by the SMA SAB, are awarded to families for HSA approved activities. Service hours must be approved & validated by the committee chair person or school staff. Credit is given on the basis of hour for hour worked.
Examples of creditable services include: technology support, library assistance, office assistance; building maintenance, bingo support (hours approved by bingo manager) and service on an HSA committee.
Example of activities for which service hours are not awarded include: selling tickets, baked goods, chaperoning field trips, assisting with class parties, playground duty or parish functions such as church picnic or CCD.
To encourage leadership the following activities can be exempt from hour-for-hour accounting:
- HSA Board members = 20 hours each with approval of the
- Chairperson of HSA sponsored events = 20 hours with approval of the HSA chairperson
- SAB members
- K-6 Grade Homeroom parents = 30 hours, per grade, equally divided by number of homeroom parents
- 7-8 Homeroom parents = 20 hours each, per grade
- CYO head coaches = 20 hours, per school year
- CYO approved activities: hour for hour worked throughout the school year
- Parents or extended family members may work volunteer hours. Hours are not awarded for chaperoning field trips, assisting with class parties, playground duty, or working parish functions such as Bingo.
- Note: Sharing of Chair positions should result in sharing the total hours or hour-for-hour accounting.
- Parents or extended family members may work volunteer hours. Hours are not awarded for chaperoning field trips, assisting with class parties, playground duty, or working parish functions.
- For the 2012-13 school year, St. Mary’s will grant up to five service hours to individuals who purchase gift/store cards through the HSA scrip program. The five service hours shall have a cash value of $100 scrip profit maximum ($20 per hour).
Playground Duty Program